Much like Brian Wier, I too have lived in the south my entire life. However, I never really gave much thought about identifying myself as a ‘southerner’. It’s not that I’m embarrassed and don’t want to embrace my roots, I have just never made that connection in my mind. For me personally, this class has made me make that connection to where I would now refer to myself as a southerner. The readings in class haven’t so much exposed me to Southern culture but opened my eyes up to where I am from.
However, people from the South are not the only ones who benefit from learning this material. People from around the world come to Tech, and this class helps show them some of what America is. It also allows them to diversify their knowledge about the area they will be spending 4+ years of their life earning their degrees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment