Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Response to new topic-Carter

I agree with Paul about not all Southerners listening to country music. I was born in Georgia and it is where I have lived my entire life and I absolutely hate country music. I also don’t believe country music is a Southern ONLY thing. One of the most famous country singers, Bob Dylan, was born in Minnesota. This proves country music is not just made by redneck, trailer trash southerners, which is the stereotype given to them by all other people.

1 comment:

  1. Carter: well, Dylan is not generally considered a country singer, despite the fact that his 1969 country album Nashville Skyline is among his best. If you're going to use Dylan as an example of a country singer (rather than a folk or rock singer), you need to elaborate, as most folks would be confused by that categorization.

    Furthermore, you need to elaborate. The argument is not particularly convincing--you need to support it more effectively--perhaps with your own listening habits.

    ReplyDelete